A locum psychiatrist specialising in old age psychiatry is sought for April 20-24th 2020 in New Zealand.
- Public sector regional hospital
- Full time locum role
- Old Age Psychiatry experience required
- FRANZPSych or equivalent essential
- Vocational registration with the Medical Council of New Zealand
- Excellent remuneration with travel expenses
The locum consultant Psychiatrist will join a team of 13 psychiatrists working in a hospital in the North Island of New Zealand. You will work with a dedicated team of medical, nursing and allied health staff primarily caring for people in a hospital setting with complex needs requiring specialist mental health services.
Whilst practising within your psychiatry set of skills, you will be exposed and taught about New-Zealand’s unique cultures, which you will incorporate into your practice.
The Mental Health and Addictions service (MHAS) hosts medical students from the University of Auckland. You will enjoy the benefits of teaching and supervising years 5 and 6, while having access to the University’s up to date resources.
The MHAS provides a wide range of specialist services within the region that include:
- A 23-bed inpatient unit (4 beds - IPC), an Assessment and a Brief Intervention service working in the community. High and complex needs and community supported rehabilitation service beds are accessed via Tui ora a Kaupapa Maori service.
- Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services.
- Mental Health Services for Older people.
- Alcohol and Drug Services.
In this region of New Zealand, it is easy to achieve an enviable lifestyle without having to compromise your career path. The region’s amazing mountain, rivers, lakes, fantastic coastline and outstanding surfing and tramping opportunities, masses of parks and gardens, as well as a major events calendar, make it a great place to live and work.
Applications and Further Information:
If you are interested in this role please apply with a detailed CV not longer than 5 pages. If you are interested in other similar roles, please register on our website and sign up for job alerts.
For country and location information, review our global mobility page and select country.
For general information, please review our blog and news page.