You will join a team comprising three senior medical officers supporting two registrars and a house officer in a number of cross-district service relationships that include
- addiction services
- mental health services for older people
- acute inpatient unit
There is a wide-range of schooling options throughout the area and the stunning region offers New Zealand’s recently voted favourite beach, ancient forests and is blessed with breath-taking landscapes and rich Māori culture. The Coromandel and Auckland are an easy drive away and there is close enough access to the ski fields in winter.
Key Responsibilities of the role
- provide specialist psychiatric care in accordance with accepted professional standards regarding conduct, ethics and clinical skills
- participation in the general psychiatry on-call roster
- supervise registrars, trainees and medical students
- FRANZCP or equivalent specialist qualification in psychiatry recognised by the Medical Council of New Zealand for vocational registration
- Vocational registration or eligibility for this with the Medical Council of New Zealand
- Previous experience working in addiction medicine would be an advantage but not essential as there are experienced clinicians who will support the new appointee.
- Full time permanent role
- Salary NZ$ 190,000 - 270,000 pa
- Pension benefits
- Reimbursement of medical practice expenses
- CME programme
- In-House career development
- Relocation assistance package available
- Flexible working options for a healthy work-life balance
- Highly rewarding role and opportunity to make a difference!
- Be a valued member of a multidisciplinary team
- Subsidised onsite hospital gym membership
- Free onsite parking
- Discounts (with local businesses)
Interested? Apply Now!
Please forward your CV for immediate consideration for this role.
Three professional references are essential