This full time permanent role is based in the Early Intervention in Psychosis (EIP) team, which is part of the regional mental health services of one of New Zealand's district health boards providing a full range of mental health services to a population of 200,000 and growing.
These services are designed to cater for people with significant mental illness and/or addiction that is beyond the scope of the primary care services.
- As the Consultant Psychiatrist in this area you will provide psychiatric assessment and management of patients under the care of Early Intervention in Psychosis (EIP) team.
- You will contribute to a multi-disciplinary team and offer expert psychiatric opinion and advice to other clinicians across the DHB.
- You will provide any other activities required to fulfil the role of responsible clinician for patients subject to the Mental Health Act.
- have or be eligible for specialist registration with the Medical Council of New Zealand in a vocational and/ or locum tenens Psychiatry scope of practice, with no restrictions to your APC.
- Ideally you will have obtained FRANZCP or equivalent qualification
- Experience in EIP service
- Experience working within a Kaupapa Maori environment and/or working in a specific culturally focused service.
- Salary NZ 190,00 - 270,000 pa (national scale)
- permanent contract
- pension benefits
- medical practice expenses recoverable
- CME programmes
If you are interested in this role, please submit your CV for immediate consideration.