This role is based in the Early Intervention in Psychosis (EIP) team, part of the regional mental health services which provide specialist clinical mental health and addiction services to the Northland region, from north of Wellsford to Cape Reinga serving a growing population of around 200,000. These services are designed to cater for people with significant mental illness and/or addiction that is beyond the scope of the primary care services.
- As the Consultant Psychiatrist in this area you will provide psychiatric assessment and management of patients under the care of Early Intervention in Psychosis (EIP) team.
- You will contribute to a multi-disciplinary team and offer expert psychiatric opinion and advice to other clinicians across the DHB.
- In addition, you will provide any other activities required to fulfil the role of responsible clinician for patients subject to the Mental Health Act.
As a region Northland is renowned for its beautiful beaches and relaxed lifestyle. There are great surf beaches and beautiful harbours and bays for sailing, kite surfing and windsurfing. It is also a top spot for fishing and diving with easy access to the world famous Poor Knights Marine reserve. There are also many beautiful forests and stunning hills to explore and climb. The region is located at the north west tip of the North Island and has a pleasant sub tropical climate, large areas of farmland yeilding fresh produce and long eastern and western coastlines with abundant fish.
As well as a warm climate, the "winterless north" offers excellent schools, affordable housing and scenic coastal areas offering a range of recreational activities. It is just two hours' drive or 25 minute flight from the international hub of Auckland and is well serviced with flights.
- have or be eligible for specialist registration with the Medical Council of New Zealand in a vocational and/ or locum tenens Psychiatry scope of practice, with no restrictions to your APC.
- Ideally you will have obtained FRANZCP or equivalent qualification
- Experience in EIP service
- Experience working within a Kaupapa Maori environment and/or working in a specific culturally focused service.
- Salary NZ 190,00 - 270,000 pa (national scale)
- permanent contract
- pension benefits
- medical practice expenses recoverable
- CME programmes
If you are interested in this role, please submit your CV for immediate consideration.