29 days ago
An experienced General Adult Psychiatrist is required to join the Mental Health and Addiction Service at a regional district health board in New Zealand primarily working in an Inpatient setting, with flexibility to work in a community setting if required.
The service has embarked on a significant redevelopment programme in the past 18 months, with a new Clinical Director, and Multidisciplinary Executive Leadership Team, as well as practicing psychiatrists. The service is consolidating recent gains and the goal in the immediate future is to further develop an integrated range of well connected services along with NGO partners in the community.
Comprehensive community-based mental health services across the complete age range are provided including:
- Child, adolescent and family mental health services
- Comprehensive community adult services
- Specialist Maori mental health services (Oranga Hinengaro)
- Specialist services for Mental Health for the elderly
- Specialist community alcohol and drug services including OST services
- Comprehensive 24 hour acute care services (crisis intervention service)
- Acute inpatient services (including intensive mental health care-26 beds)
- General hospital liaison psychiatry
- Early intervention services
- Intensive community rehabilitation services.
The employer has a commitment to continuing medical education and professional development and the peer review group is enrolled with the maintenance of professional standards programme of the Royal Australia and New Zealand College of Psychiatrists. The hospital is recognised by the College for registrar training in inpatient, general adult community, and child and adolescent psychiatry.
There are opportunities to participate in the further development of the service delivery model, develop an area of special interest or become involved in research.
- Eligibility for vocational registration with the Medical Council of New Zealand
- FRANZCPsych or equivalent
- Fluent English communication