A Consultant Psychiatrist is sought to for a full time appointment in a mental health service in Western Australia.
- Public sector community mental health service in Western Australia close to Perth, the state capital
- Full time role with a contract up to 5 years duration
- Specialist registration in Psychiatry with Australian Medical Board required
- FRANZPsych or equivalent essential
- Excellent working conditions
- Competitive salary package
In this role you will be responsible for the provision of clinical assessment and psychiatric treatment for adults and seniors in the catchment population based in the community. In addition this position provides clinical leadership, advice, consultation, liaison and support to General practitioners, health care professionals, other providers and agencies, and to carers and consumers throughout the Mental Health Service region.
Qualifications, Experience and Skills
- eligible for registration as a Medical Practitioner with the Medical Board of Australia AHPRA),
hold Fellowship or membership of the Australian and New Zealand College Psychiatrists (RACP) or equivalent.
- Have demonstrated clinical skills and experience in acute mental health using a shared care model of service.
- Have anunderstanding of psychological theories, models, practice and experience in biological and psychotherapeutic Interventions.
- Must have highly developed communication and interpersonal skills within a multidisciplinary service.
Salary: $354,487-451,677 pa (inclusive of base salary, 9.5% superannuation and professional development allowance)
In addition to the great salary employees enjoy an amazing range of benefits which may include (in line with operational requirements):
- Access to generous salary packaging arrangements.
- Flexible working arrangements.
- Flexible leave arrangements.
- Professional Development Opportunities and Study leave/assistance.
- Other professional and location based allowances
The mental health centre provides comprehensive community based services for the assessment and treatment of mental health conditions for adults, children and seniors. It delivers services across the region via extensive video conferencing network.
A town 97km north of Perth, the state capital, situated in The Wheatbelt and just 50 minutes commute from Perth. The town has excellent transport links, primary and secondary education, affordable housing, good sporting facilities and a number of tourist attractions including hot air ballooning and wineries. The surrounding area is predominantly agricultural.
Applications and Further Information:
If you are interested in this role please apply with a detailed CV not longer than 5 pages. If you are interested in other similar roles, please register on our website and sign up for job alerts.
For country and location information, review our global mobility page and select country.
For general information, please review our blog and news page.