29 days ago
Our client located in the lower part of the North Island of New Zealand has an opening for a child and adolescent psychiatrist to join an established team of psychiatrists, a consultant behavioural paediatrician, registrars and nursing and allied health colleagues.
The service has embarked on a significant redevelopment programme in the past several years and in May 2018 a new leadership structure was introduced to lead further development of an integrated range of well-connected services along with NGO partners in the community.
Comprehensive community-based mental health services are provided including:
- Extended hours crisis intervention service
- Community-based mental health care
- Adult Acute inpatient services (including intensive mental health care)
- Day activity/rehabilitation programmes
- General hospital liaison psychiatry
- Outreach clinics
- Child, adolescent and family mental health services
- Old Age Psychiatry services
- Alcohol and drug services
- Specialist Maori mental health services (Oranga Hinengaro)
- Early intervention services
- Intensive community rehabilitation services.
The hospital has a commitment to continuing medical education and professional development and its peer review group is enrolled with the maintenance of professional standards programme of the Royal Australia and New Zealand College of Psychiatrists. It is recognised by the College for registrar training.
In order to be considered for this role you must be eligible for Vocational Registration with the Medical Council of New Zealand and hold a qualification equivalent to the FRANZCPsych