12 days ago
Two Consultant Psychiatrist positions are available this year in the state of Western Australia with fixed term 5-year contracts. The scope of practice of both roles is general adult psychiatry, practised from hospital and community, with an excellent remuneration package.
- Public sector regional hospital in Western Australia with excellent modern facilities
- Clinical duties are combined with active teaching role
- Full time role with a contract up to 5 years duration
- FRANZCPsych or equivalent essential
- Experience in rural and remote medicine desirable
- Excellent working conditions
- Competitive salary package up to $451,677 p.a
We are seeking two Consultant Psychiatrists to join a regional mental health service providing inpatient, outpatient and community-based care to adult patients. You will work in an interesting role in well developed and managed services, with good opportunities for Continuing Medical Education (CME), excellent remuneration (including pension contributions) and opportunities for teaching and leadership.
You must have well developed communication and interpersonal skills, effective participation and leadership in a multi-disciplinary team environment with a strong interest and commitment to teaching and research, understanding of the rural medical environment, substantial and current experience in relevant research including study design, implementation, evaluation, presentation and publication. Experience and abilities to foster strong relationships between general practice and specialist medical services is desirable.
You will participate in clinical leadership, advice, consultation, liaison and support to health care professionals, other providers and agencies, and to carers and consumers throughout the Midwest Mental Health & Community Alcohol & Drug Service.
You will practice General Adult Psychiatry and will examine, assess, diagnose and treat patients referred to the psychiatry services by General Practitioner or other specialist. Drug and Alcohol services are included. This position also promotes the organisational culture and principles of person-centred, trauma informed and recovery focused service delivery.
You must be able to meet the criteria of:
- Eligibility for registration with the Medical Board of Australia (AHPRA) in a specialist capacity as a psychiatrist
- Fellowship of the Australian and New Zealand College of Psychiatrists (or equivalent).
- Have demonstrated high level skills in all aspects of the CanMEDS competency framework (http://www.royalcollege.ca/rcsite/canmeds/canmeds-framework-e)
- Extensive knowledge, clinical experience and skills in the practice of psychiatry and associated diagnostic and therapeutic procedures.
- You will have well-developed conceptual, analytical and evaluations skills, including commitment to working with a coordinated multidisciplinary team to support ongoing clinical service redesign and improve systems of care provision.
- Must have high level interpersonal, negotiation and conflict resolution skills and an ability to liaise effectively consumers, carers and clinicians.
Salary: $354,487-451,677 pa (inclusive of base salary, 9.5% superannuation and professional development allowance)
In addition to the great salary employees enjoy an amazing range of benefits which may include (in line with operational requirements):
- Access to generous salary packaging arrangements.
- Flexible working arrangements.
- Flexible leave arrangements.
- Professional Development Opportunities and Study leave/assistance.
- Other professional and location based allowances
The Mental Health Services include
- Child and Adolescent Mental Health (up to 18 years)
- Youth (16 – 25) years
- Adult Mental Health (18 - 65 years)
- Older Adult Mental Health (65+)
- Community Alcohol and Drug Services
- Geraldton Hospital Liaison Team
The Midwest is located in the western middle section of Western Australia and stretches from the Indian Ocean in the west and bordered by the Pilbara in the north, the Wheatbelt in the south and Goldfields in the south and east. It incorporates four health districts - Gascoyne, Geraldton, Midwest and Murchison. It covers more than 600,000 square kilometres, nearly one quarter of the State, with its population concentrated along the coast. The region supports a wide range of industry, including mining, agriculture, aquaculture and tourism. Mining is the predominant sector in the central and northern parts of the region, with a well-established agricultural sector in the south.
WA Country Health Services (WACHS) WACHS is the largest country health system in Australia and one of the biggest in the world, providing health services and health centres to a large area across rural and remote Western Australia.
There are excellent transport links to Perth by road and Melbourne and Sydney by air, so you will not be isolated.
Applications and Further Information:
If you are interested in this role please apply with a detailed CV not longer than 5 pages. If you are interested in other similar roles, please register on our website and sign up for job alerts.
For general information, please review our blog and news page.