Adult General Psychiatrist, reasonable case load, large team, permanent role with relocation expenses and a 1 in 10 rota.
Tired of working in overstretched inner-city psychiatry clinics? This role offers a relaxed lifestyle with all the amenities of a city at close hand, a permanent role, and a large team of psychiatrists and allied professionals providing a full range of psychiatry and psychology services.
- public sector employer, permanent role
- 1 in 10 on call rota
- relocation expenses paid
- annual salary up to $220K
- hospital based with a mix of outpatient clinics, inpatient clients and crisis assessments.
- large multi professional team with 13 psychiatrists
A permanent vacancy exists for a motivated and experienced Psychiatrist to join a team of 13 other Psychiatrists and work with a dedicated team of medical, nursing and allied health staff primarily caring for people in an integrated setting with complex needs requiring specialist mental health services.This position will work with the North Community Mental Health Team located at Taranaki Base Hospital. This role will include a mix of outpatient clinics, inpatient clients and crisis assessments.
- Provide consultant services to people requiring specialist care.
- Interact daily with other departments.
- Mentor junior medical staff attached to the service.
- Have the ability to work in a range of settings i.e. inpatient, outpatient and community settings inclusive of crisis work.
- Cover for colleagues in their absence.
- Participate in an on call 1:10 roster.
You will be known by your peers as someone who:
- Works well in multidisciplinary teams to provide person centred care.
- Strives to improve the way services are developed and delivered.
- Have excellent communication skills and the ability to interact with a wide variety of people from various backgrounds.
- Engages with other providers, consumers, and health organisations to improve the quality and responsiveness of services.
- Focuses on achieving results and developing and maintaining good working relationships in the workplace.
- FRANZCPsych or equivalent qualification recognised by the Medical Council of New Zealand as equivalent.
- License: Vocational Registration or Eligibility for Vocational Registration with the Medical Council of New Zealand
- Language: fluent English (IELTS Academic Module 7.5 average for non native speakers)
The Mental Health and Addictions service (MHAS) hosts medical students from the University of Auckland. You will enjoy the benefits of teaching and supervising years 5 and 6, while having access to the University’s up to date resources.
The MHAS provides a wide range of specialist services within the region that include:
- A 23-bed inpatient unit (4 beds - IPC), an Assessment and a Brief Intervention service working in the community. High and complex needs and community supported rehabilitation service beds are accessed via Tui ora a Kaupapa Maori service.
- Adult Mental health: 3 community teams, Tui Ora kaupapa Maori community mental health team and specialist services such as maternal, eating disorders, DBT, early intervention
- Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services.
- Mental Health Services for Older people.
- Alcohol and Drug Services.
In this region of New Zealand, it is easy to achieve an enviable lifestyle without having to compromise your career path. The region’s amazing mountain, rivers, lakes, fantastic coastline and outstanding surfing and tramping opportunities, masses of parks and gardens, as well as a major events calendar, make it a great place to live and work.
WHY SHOULD YOU APPLY?
If you are interested a role with variety of clinical presentations and the ability to develop professionally whilst working in a well supported team, this role could be right for you. Please apply with a detailed CV not longer than 5 pages. If you are interested in other similar roles, please register on our website and sign up for job alerts.