16 days ago
Our client is currently looking for a psychiatrist, Consultant or Medical Officer, to assume responsibility for the Opiate Substitution Treatment in the Alcohol and Drug Service. The psychiatrist must have specialist experience in addiction treatment and the management of co-existing psychiatric disorders. The position is full time.
The Mental Health & Addiction Services provides a wide range of specialist services:
- Acute Services: 23 bed inpatient unit covering general adult, mental health services older people and intensive psychiatric needs, crisis assessment and brief care and nursing consult liaison services
- Adult Mental health: community teams, Tui Ora kaupapa Maori community mental health team and specialist services such as perinatal , eating disorders, DBT, early intervention.
- Child and Adolescent mental health services.
- Mental health services for Older people.
- Alcohol and Drugs
- Medical degree and postgraduate board certification or Fellowship recognised by the Medical Council of New Zealand for vocational registration in psychiatry.
The health board serves a population of 120,500 people. It is big enough to offer you variety of specialisation, career pathways, training and education opportunities, but small enough for individuals to make a difference - both to people and to services - and to make friends, feel at home and belong.
In New Plymouth, it is easy to achieve an enviable lifestyle without having to compromise your career path. The region's amazing mountain, rivers, lakes, fantastic coastline and outstanding surfing and tramping opportunities, masses of parks and gardens, as well as a major events calendar, make it a great place to live and work. Named after the city of Plymouth in England, the city was founded by settlers from England in the 19th century and has been awarded multiple times for its natural beauty and lifestyle. Situated on the coast in the south western corner of the North Island, the city has a famous long coastal walkway whilst Mount Taranaki provides a stunning backdrop. Famed for its rich volcanic soil, lush botanical gardens and fabulous arts and events scene, New Plymouth is home to the renowned Pakekura Park
Applications and Further Information:
If you are interested in this role please apply with a detailed CV not longer than 5 pages. If you are interested in other similar roles, please register on our website and sign up for job alerts.