- To provide clinical psychiatric care to adults within the acute and subacute psychiatric units in accordance with accepted professional standards regarding conduct, ethics and clinical skills
- To function as part of a multidisciplinary team in the assessment and management of clients referred to the Clinical Service;
- To supervise registrars, trainees and other SMO’s as required;
- To appropriately document clinical work;
- To participate in the on-call after hours roster;
- To contribute to quality improvement initiatives and audit within the Mental Health and Addiction services
- FRANZCP or equivalent specialist qualification in psychiatry recognised by the Medical Council of New Zealand for vocational registration
- Vocational registration or eligibility for this with the Medical Council of New Zealand
- A passion for service development and an interest in education and research. There is opportunity to work with Auckland University Medical School students and Psychiatry Registrars.
- Full time permanent role
- Salary NZ$ 190,000 - 270,000 pa
- Pension benefits
- Reimbursement of medical practice expenses
- CME programme and professional development opportunities
- Relocation package
Please forward your CV for immediate consideration for this role. Three referees are required.