This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Project Manager to join one of New Zealand’s largest and fastest growing health boards to work on care redesign and innovation projects.
- Full time, permanent role in public sector hospitals
- Major city in the north island of New Zealand with excellent educational, cultural and leisure opportunities
- Project leadership, management, change management and analytic skills required.
- Experience of project management, preferably in the healthcare sector
- Tertiary qualification in management or health or science
We are looking for a Project Manager to join a team in an Institute for Innovation and Improvement (i3). You will support clinical teams on care redesign and innovation projects.
The health board is the largest DHB in New Zealand providing services to a population of more than 630,000 people. i3, provides dedicated resources, expertise and support for clinical teams to design and implement innovative models of care that are ultimately aimed at improving health outcomes and patient experience.
This role will provide project leadership and management, change management, analysis, tracking against key metrics, and coaching others in improvement methodologies. You will have well developed project management expertise preferably in the health sector, with exceptional time management and budgeting skills. With your excellent communication and interpersonal skills, and focus on outcomes, you will be able to make a real difference to the lives of the people of New Zealand.
- Managing or supporting multiple projects and collaborating with other project managers
- Creating detailed project plans and regular reports
- Using population approaches, data and evidence based strategies to assist with planning and delivery of service improvement projects
- Ensuring all projects have a focus on improving patient outcomes and enhancing patient and whānau experience
- Leading positive change management
- Applying quality improvement methodologies
To be successful in this position, you will have a tertiary qualification in management, health or science, and previous experience of successful project management, preferably in the health sector.
The successful applicants will be living in a beautiful part of New Zealand with warm summers, mild winters and lots of opportunities for outdoor activities on land and at sea, in Auckland, the largest city of New Zealand with a population of over 1 million people. The city is blessed with two harbours, stunning beaches, museums, theatres, shops and excellent educational establishments.
If you are interested in this role please apply with a detailed CV not longer than 5 pages. If you are interested in other similar roles, please register on our website and sign up for job alerts.
For country and location information, review our global mobility page and select country.
For general information, please review our blog and news page.