This is a fixed-term 12-month contract for a qualified plastic surgeon who has a at least 2 years experience working in a consultant or attending surgeon role in a similar healthcare system to New Zealand. The role is based in an internationally renowned plastic and burns unit with a strong focus on excellence and innovation, in New Zealand's capital region. The plastic surgery service provides regional services to Wellington and the regions of the lower part of the North Island of New Zealand and provides supra-regional services in vascular anomalies and laser.
This position would suit a generally trained plastic surgeon with subspecialty interests of hand, skin cancer, melanoma and breast being useful.
- a commitment to a general plastic trauma list
- 'see and treat' skin lesion clinics.
- general plastic surgery on call commitment equating to 1:10
- management of in patients, out patients and referrals
- registered or eligible for vocational registration with the Medical Council of New Zealand
- FRACS or equivalent specialist qualification
- a minimum of 2 years’ experience post FRACS or equivalent in plastic and reconstructive surgery
- Be able to demonstrate collegial working relationships with multi-disciplinary teams
- Salary of NZ$ 190,000-270,000 pa
- pension benefits
- relocation expenses
- medical practice expenses reimbursed
- a supportive workplace culture with a commitment to your on-going professional development. This includes; a comprehensive orientation programme, training and study opportunities, and peer support.
If this role is of interest to you please to get in touch or upload your CV. Please note that 3 professional references will be required.