5 year Contract, full time
Salary: $398,356 to $466,713 p.a.
Hours: 40 per week
An exciting opportunity is available for a Consultant Paediatrician to provide community based and acute clinical management of West Pilbara paediatric and neonatal patients and administrative leadership. You will also take responsibility for policy development and review and provide training, supervision and education for registrars and resident medical officers.
- In consultation with others develops and provides an integrated WA Country Health Service (WACHS) Pilbara regional paediatric medical service including the provision of telephone consultation and advice. Service provision will need to be flexible and may vary from time to time depending on organisational needs and objectives.
- Supervises junior medical staff, including assessment of staff performance in relation to clinical competence, adherence to standards, timely and accurate documentation, and communication with patients, relatives, peers, other staff and doctors in other hospitals and in the community.
- Participates in professional continuing educational activities, regular performance review and provides evidence of maintaining current knowledge and skills.
- Participates in general continuing educational activities and postgraduate training programs for junior medical staff, particularly trainees in paediatric medicine.
- Participates in departmental academic activities.
- Participates in clinical research where appropriate and active promotion of research activities wherever possible.
The role is based in a newly built hospital providing support to regional smaller hospitals. Well-equipped health facilities are grouped together under one roof bringing care closer to home for the local community. The campus provides a comprehensive 'one-stop shop' for the delivery of integrated health services including physiotherapy, speech therapy, counselling, community health nursing and community mental health.
- A new 40-bed facility with significantly expanded emergency department.
- New CT scanner, surgical ward, maternity wing and delivery suites.
- Expanded facilities for outpatients and essential services such as child health and medical imaging, brought together in a single health care hub.
- World-class telehealth services
- Helipad In addition to outstanding emergency and hospital car
- Eligible for registration as a Medical Practitioner with the Medical Board of Australia (AHPRA).
- FRACP or equivalent eg FRCPC, American Board of Paediatrics
- Have demonstrated experience in Paediatrics and Neonatology at a senior level and contemporary knowledge of professional issues and trends in Paediatrics.
- A demonstrated commitment to effective management of clinical risk and improving quality.
- High level of communication, interpersonal, negotiation and conflict resolution skills, with the ability to work effectively, lead in a team environment and commitment to continuing education.
- Significant experience in rural and remote Paediatric medicine and demonstrated understanding of issues within a cross cultural environment, particularly Aboriginal culture is desirable.
Salary: $398,356 to $466,713 p.a. (inclusive of base salary, 9.5% superannuation and professional development allowance)
In addition to the great salary employees enjoy an amazing range of benefits which may include (in line with operational requirements):
- Access to generous salary packaging arrangements.
- Flexible working arrangements.
- Flexible leave arrangements.
- Professional Development Opportunities and Study leave/assistance.
- Other professional and location based allowances
If you are interested in this role, please forward your CV for immediate consideration.