about 1 month ago
Our client in New Zealand is seeking to recruit a full time Community Paediatrician for a permanent position commencing from February 2020.
- Full time, permanent role
- Public Sector Secondary care hospital
- Teaching Hospital affiliated with a medical school
- Excellent CME facilities
- Full support from junior medical staff
- Clinical and educational duties
- Competitive salary with pension benefits
- Relocation package available
- Experience in community and developmental paediatrics required
- Requirement for FRACP or equivalent specialist qualification and eligibility for vocational registration in Paediatrics with the Medical Council of New Zealand
- Demonstrated clinical, management, and teaching skills and the ability to work effectively within the multi-disciplinary team.
The hospital has an exciting opportunity to expand its focus on community engagement and child protection and this is a new position.
The successful candidate will join the team of 11 SMO's making up, 9 full time equivalent paediatricians, two advanced paediatric trainees / fellow position, 2 registrars, and 8 senior house officers.
The successful candidate will join a well-established community paediatric service that includes:
- Child Protection & MEDSAC team.
- Violence Intervention Program
- Gateway assessments team
- Public Health team
- A well-established Children's Team
- Two other Community Paediatricians
The ideal candidate will be Chapter of Community Child Health trained, and ideally dual trained in general paediatrics. All applicants must have RACP (Paeds) and hold vocational registration in Paediatrics. Those with a proven track record in community child health would also be considered. Excellent current acute paediatric and neonatal skills are essential.
This is the largest hospital in the region, providing secondary care services and supporting three rural hospitals. It covers an area of 12,600 square kilometres and a population of 180,000. It has a 24/7 emergency department and full complement of medical, surgical and laboratory services.
The collegial relationships between departments are strong and consultation with other specialists is easy, either formally with multidisciplinary meetings or informally as required. There is an active postgraduate medical society and there are excellent clinical library facilities.
Situated in the northern part of the North Island of New Zealand, the region has a warm winterless climate, scenic coastal areas offering a vast range of recreational activities whilst being situated just 2 hours from Auckland by road. It has excellent schools and affordable housing.
If you are interested in this role please apply with a detailed CV not longer than 5 pages. If you are interested in other similar roles, please register on our website and sign up for job alerts.
For country and location information, review our global mobility page and select country.
For general information, please review our blog and news page.