- an excellent new role for an experienced or newly qualified paediatrician
- permanent full time contract starting March 2022
- competitive salary and benefits
A permanent full-time role in a wonderful and most popular area of New Zealand, this post is based in a 250 bed general hospital and starts in March 2022.
The hospital provides secondary paediatric services for the city and surrounding region, supported by a further smaller general hospital 90 minutes drive eastwards. It covers a population of roughly 150,000.
There are currently 12 Paediatricians and 2 fellows on the Consultant call roster. There are always 2 Senior staff on call, so you will be well supported, with an average call frequency of around 1 in 7. Outpatient responsibilities include 2.5 clinics per week when not on call.
Facilities include a 23 bed inpatient ward, and 12 bed SCBU. Junior staffing cover is provided by 8 Junior Registrars, and 4 SHO’s.
The city boasts some of New Zealand’s best Beaches, an unsurpassed coastal lifestyle, and easy access to the Coromandel peninsula, the Lakes district and the Central Volcanic Plateau.
- To provide efficient high-quality inpatient and outpatient services to the Paediatric community
- To assume an equal share of the on-call roster, covering General Paediatrics and SCBU level 2 neonates.
- To contribute to the education, supervision, mentoring and feedback for junior medical staff
- FRACP in General Paediatrics, or equivalent qualification
- A subspecialty interest is desirable but not essential.
- Eligibility for vocational registration in paediatrics with the Medical Council of New Zealand
- Three professional referees
- Competitive salary NZ$ 200,000 – 300,000 pa
- Reimbursement of medical practice costs
- CME and study leave
- 6 weeks paid annual vacation
Applications and Further Information:
If you are interested in this role please forward your CV for immediate consideration, along with details of three professional referees.