This is a superb opportunity for a vibrant and enthusiastic specialist in paediatrics to join one of New Zealand's largest paediatric departments in a regional General Hospital for part-time but permanent role. The paediatric services have been redesigned with a streamlined approach from primary care in general practice to tertiary care in leading centres of paediatrics which provide continued and visiting consultant support to this department.
The position is based in a regional General Hospital with 350 beds which is recognised as a centre of excellence in training in the specialty of pediatrics emergency medicine and general practice. The hospital has a 24 hour emergency department, the usual medical and surgical services and is a regional centre for oncology. The city is well connected to the capital Wellington and New Zealand's largest city Auckland by a road, rail and flight network. It offers an excellent quality of life with beautiful natural surroundings, competitively priced housing and excellent local educational opportunities.
The position offers opportunities for combining clinical practice with service development and clinical education of medical students and junior doctors.
- share a 1:8 acute roster covering the broad gamut of acute paediatrics with a 14-bed level 2A neonatal unit taking babies 28 weeks gestation (1000g) and over.
- provide a high standard of clinical practice and clinical expertise and effective paediatric services
- provide supervision and instruction for Resident Medical Officers rostered to the paediatric service
- eligibility for vocational registration with the medical council of New Zealand in the field of paediatrics
- a specialist qualification in paediatric equivalent to the FRACP
- salary New Zealand dollars 190000 - 270000 pa
- reimbursement of medical licence expenses
- pension contributions
- annual leaves of 6 weeks per year
- paid study leave
- opportunities to develop a subspecialist interest
If you are interested in this role please upload your CV or contact us for further details.