This role is for an experienced Specialist Otolaryngologist/ ENT Surgeon to join a talented team of four Consultants and three Resident Medical Officers - two Registrars and a House Officer.
Based in a regional general hospital with 250 beds servicing 200,000 patients the ENT Department provides out patient consultations and in patient surgical procedures with tertiary support from nearby Auckland. It is accredited by the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons (RACS) as a training centre for junior surgeons preparing for the FRACS exams in Otolaryngology and has strong links to the University of Auckland.
The hospital acts as a referral centre for three small hospitals spread throughout the largely rural region which has a high percentage Maori population and one of the fastest growing demographics in New Zealand. It has a 24/7 emergency department, medical, surgical, paediatric, obstetric and gynaecology and psychiatry services supported by radiology, anaesthesia and pathology services.
The region possesses some of the most scenic and exciting coastal areas of NZ in a subtropical climate; popular water recreation areas include Bay of Islands and Poor Knight Islands Reserves.
- Provide high quality clinical services including assessment and care of Otolaryngology patients both elective and acute.
- Teaching medical staff and other allied health professionals.
- participating and contributing towards meeting Departmental key performance indicators.
- ensure agreed clinical processes and systems are followed / complied with and ensure provision of best practice in line with departmental policy.
- Participate in on call rosters, is available when on call, and
provides backup and cover when other specialists from the
team are on leave.
To be considered you need
- eligible for specialist registration with the Medical Council of New Zealand in an Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery vocational scope of practice.
- OR eligible for locum tenens registration
- FRACS or equivalent specialist qualification
- a fellowship training in subspecialty ORL (Rhinology and/ or Head & Neck preferred) with a comprehensive scope of practise to cover most general ORL conditions.
- salary NZ $190,000 - 270,000 pa
- pension contributions
- reimbursement of medical practice costs
- on-going professional support including continued medical education, professional development and peer review
- active participation in a growing service with opportunities to expand your skills in response to the challenges within the region
- a balanced lifestyle supported by glorious scenic coastal areas offering a range of recreational activities. House pricing is realistic; road congestion minimal, car parking is always available
- an onsite gym and swimming pool.
- a competitive relocation package to support you and your family to make the move
- employer is an Approved Accredited Employer by New Zealand Immigration.
If this role is of interest to you, please forward your CV for immediate consideration.