Applications are invited for the role of House Officer in Orthopaedic Surgery in a regional general hospital with busy 24 hour emergency department in the north island of New Zealand. The 246 bed facility is the major referral hospital for the Northland region of New Zealand, with a direct catchment of 170,000. The emergency department provides emergency services for the entire area from four locations, one major hospital, and three small regional hospitals located throughout the region. Over 140 consultants provide support in a wide range of specialties.
The Orthopaedic Surgery Department is lead by 9 Orthopaedic Consultants. You will be exposed to a full range of Orthopaedic pathology both acute and elective, and participate in the hospital teaching programme.
The region boasts some of the most stunning scenic and coastal areas of New Zealand, affordable housing, excellent schools and a vast range of recreational activities.
- Coordinate and provide effective, clinically appropriate and safe assessment and treatment of patients presenting to the orthopaedic Department.
- Support the delivery of patient and family focused care in accordance with relevant legislation and standards documented by professional bodies
- Communicate clinical details to referral services, community medical and nursing staff to arrange ongoing investigation, treatment or care of patients.
- Manage in patients, out patients, work on calls and assist in the operating theatre.
- eligible for general registration or provisional general registration with the medical council of New Zealand
- previous experience surgery or orthopaedics
- IELTS Academic module mean score 7.5 if not native English speaker