A new consultant orthopaedic surgeon role in a leading general hospital in the North Island of New Zealand with a focus of general orthopaedic surgery, knee and hip arthroplasty and scope for the practice of specialist interests in Foot and Ankle surgery, Spine surgery or Hand surgery.
The post is based in a 360 bed secondary care hospital which provides most medical and surgical services except cardiothoracic and neurosurgery. It has a regional plastic surgery service and oncology service. The tertiary referral centre is in Wellington, the capital city.
You would be one of 8 Orthopaedic Specialists. There is also a Medical Officer, 6 Registrars (two are on the national training program) and House Officers.
- Provide general orthopaedic services both elective and emergency
- You will partake in the general on-call roster
- Contribute to management of trauma and in the provision of primary knee and hip joint replacement services to the Manawatu community.
- If desired, you will also be involved in delivering services in the private sector.
- Perform elective hip and knee replacement surgery
- Educate and supervise registrars and house officers
- Applicants must hold FRACS Orthopaedics or equivalent and be eligible for vocational registration in Orthopaedic Surgery with the Medical Council of New Zealand.
- an interest in Foot and Ankle surgery, Spine surgery or Hand surgery.
- Eligible for provisional vocational registration with the Medical Council of New Zealand
Palmerston North is a family friendly city where you can enjoy the New Zealand countryside lifestyle without missing out on the advantages of a big city. Housing is more affordable in comparison to the larger metropolitan cities. With a diverse artistic community, Palmerston North is home to a multitude of cultural events, cafes, restaurants and sports activities. Its central place in the lower half of the North Island makes it easy to access the beautiful ski fields 2 hour’s drive north, Wellington 2 hours south, vineyards 2 hours east, wonderful hiking and biking areas 10 min east and the west coast beaches only a 30 minutes’ drive west.
If you wish to apply for this role, please forward your CV for immediate consideration.