Spinal Surgeon Consultant
Contract: 2 years, renewable
This is a new role in an internationally accredited private sector hospital in Riyadh Saudi Arabia. You will join a team of orthopaedic surgeons working in a busy, and specialised department and your scope of practice will be spinal surgery.
The hospital provides primary, secondary and selected tertiary services for a mixed clientele of Saudis and expatriates. It offers services in paediatrics, obstetrics and gynaecology, family medicine, anaesthesia, ENT, ophthalmology, orthopaedics and urology services with support from pathology and medical imaging.
You can expect excellent facilities, western trained senior medical staff and a generous tax free salary package including furnished accommodation, flights and health insurance.
Working hours are 48 per week and 6 day working week is normal. Weekends in Saudi Arabia are Friday and Saturday. Employment contracts are for 2 years and renewable by mutual consent.
- Assessment, diagnosis and management of orthopaedic and spinal disorders
- Performance of spinal surgery procedures
- Care of out patients, day patients and in patients
- Consultation with family physicians and other specialist physicians
- Supervise specialist physicians
Maintain clear patient records
- Attend regular and appropriate CME
- a board certification / Specialist accreditation in orthopaedics from USA, Canada, UK, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa or Western Europe
- Specialist fellowship in spinal surgery
- 3-5 years minimum attending / consultant experience after specialist accreditation
- Fluent English communication.
- Valid unrestricted licence in country of current practise
- A Data Flow Report will be needed before starting work.
Arabic language would be viewed positively, but not essential
Riyadh is the capital city of Saudi Arabia and the centre of political, economic, commercial, and financial activity in the country. Designated a global city, it has a population of almost 7 million and excellent transport links to the rest of the Middle East, Europe and Asia.
Search Spinal and Orthopaedic Surgeon Jobs
Register for orthopaedic jobs and get access to jobs worldwide, track applications and sign up for job alerts.
You can also follow us on twitter @odysseymedic for latest radiologist jobs