A Consultant Ophthalmologist is sought for a full time role with a major government owned hospital in Jeddah, the Red Sea port city which is the second city of Saudi Arabia.
The hospital has 500 + beds, 24/7 Emergency department, family medicine department and all major medical, paediatric and surgical specialities with laboratory and radiology facilities. As a training hospital, it is responsible for training junior surgeons for the postgraduate exams. Your team consists of consultants, specialists and residents. Active participation in teaching junior surgical staff is expected and research and audit encouraged.
The working week is 48 hours Sunday - Thursday with some on call duties.
•Salary of SAR 55K per month plus benefits package including accommodation, flights, healthcare, malpractice cover and education allowance.
•Annual leave 40 days per annum plus public holidays
- Medical Degree from WHO approved school
- Residency in Ophthalmology
- Minimum 4 years experience in ophthalmology
- Board certified in Ophthalmology
- Active license to practice in country of employment with no malpractice issues.