Commening May 2019, this post is for a house officer with a minimum of 2 years postgraduate experience. The role is based in a regional general hospital just 2 hours drive from Auckland, the largest city of New Zealand. The hospital has 24 hour emergency department and provides secondary level care in all major specialisms.
There are four Consultant Ophthalmologists providing a wide range of elective and acute services to the region. The role offers a general ophthalmology experience with a high incidence of lid surgery for basal cell carcinoma and specialist experience in Paediatric Ophthalmology, Anterior Segment and Medical retina.
- General Registration or eligibility for general registration with the Medical Council of New Zealand
- Medical degree and completed internship with 2 years experience at house officer level
- Experience in ophthalmology desirable
- assessment and treatment of ophthalmological conditions in in patient and out patient settings
- participation in operating surgical lists
- on call duties in addition to basic working week.
- salary in accordance with national pay scales
- 30 days annual leave