This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Operations Manager to join one of New Zealand’s largest and fastest growing health boards to manage a busy gastroenterology service.
- Full time, permanent role in public sector hospitals
- Major city in the north island of New Zealand with excellent educational, cultural and leisure opportunities
- Operations management including systems management and evaluation of performance against targets and financial management.
- Experience of management of similar department, preferably in the healthcare sector
- Tertiary qualification in management or health or science
THE ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
In this role you will be joining a large district health board in Auckland North Island of New Zealand which provides healthcare services to a population of over 630,000 and employs over 8000 people. It has a commitment to develop managers and dedicated funds and programmes for continued education.
As one of the busiest gastroenterology services in New Zealand, the team treats a wide range of pathologies with endoscopic procedures including ERCP, EUS and capsule endoscopy.
This fast-paced fixed term role will provide hands on leadership and management of the Gastroenterology service. The brief is to effectively contribute as a member of the divisional management team and management of the Gastroenterology Service across both hospital sites, in line with the business plan and WDHB strategic direction.
A background in the healthcare sector would be advantageous as would previous experience in managing elective services and working closely with clinical teams. However, we are open to experience across other related sectors to bring a range of transferrable skills and experience.
Key responsibilities will include:
• the co-ordination and management of both acute and elective service activities to ensure that the service consistently delivers high quality and cost effective care for its patients
• provide hands on day to day oversight and coordination of the clinical and clerical teams to support them to deliver to the agreed volumes
• work in close partnership with Clinical Director Gastroenterology to ensure the service operates effectively and efficiently with a focus on patient experience and patient outcomes
• development of business cases, analytical approach to budget objectives
• responsibility for the financial performance for directly managed service
• responsibility for ensuring the achievement of performance targets and indicators
- To be successful in this position, you will have a Bachelor level degree in Health or Healthcare management.
- in healthcare sector, including at least three years within a unit / operational management senior health professional role.
- Demonstrated leadership experience.
- Demonstrated experience in change management.
- An established understanding of health services delivery.
- Demonstrated experience and ability in service and operational planning.
- Financial analysis /budgeting skills
- IT literacy especially word and excel
- Ability to write papers and present business cases
- Strategic thinking
The successful applicants will be living in a beautiful part of New Zealand with warm summers, mild winters and lots of opportunities for outdoor activities on land and at sea, in Auckland, the largest city of New Zealand with a population of over 1 million people. The city is blessed with two harbours, stunning beaches, museums, theatres, shops and excellent educational establishments.
If you are interested in this role please apply with a detailed CV not longer than 5 pages. If you are interested in other similar roles, please register on our website and sign up for job alerts.