18 days ago
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Operations Manager to join one of New Zealand’s largest and fastest growing health boards to manage a busy emergency department.
- Full time, permanent role in public sector hospitals
- Major city in the north island of New Zealand with excellent educational, cultural and leisure opportunities
- Operations management including systems management and evaluation of performance against targets and financial management.
- Experience of management of similar department, preferably in the healthcare sector
- Tertiary qualification in management or health or science
THE ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
In this role you will be joining a large district health board in Auckland North Island of New Zealand which provides healthcare services to a population of over 630,000 and employs over 8000 people. The emergency department is split between two sites, one in a 600-bed hospital and the other in a smaller hospital. This role is in the smaller hospital with contribution to the service at the larger hospital.
Your job functions are
- Operations management with a focus on systems and outcomes. You will provide direct leadership and management of this emergency department developing and improving processes for high quality patient care and ensuring that there are robust systems in place to evaluate actual performance against health targets.
- Relationships must be established and maintained with a diverse range of medical professional across the organisation.
- Financial management is a key responsibility with accountability for the directly managed services to ensure that cost effective care is consistent. Budget objectives must be defined.
- Quality assurance is maintained with defined targets and indicators and a process of continuous improvement
- To be successful in this position, you will have a Bachelor level degree in Health or Healthcare management.
- in healthcare sector, including at least three years within a unit / operational management senior health professional role.
- Demonstrated leadership experience.
- Demonstrated experience in change management.
- An established understanding of health services delivery.
- Demonstrated experience and ability in service and operational planning.
- Financial analysis /budgeting skills
- IT literacy especially word and excel
- Ability to write papers and present business cases
- Strategic thinking
The successful applicants will be living in a beautiful part of New Zealand with warm summers, mild winters and lots of opportunities for outdoor activities on land and at sea, in Auckland, the largest city of New Zealand with a population of over 1 million people. The city is blessed with two harbours, stunning beaches, museums, theatres, shops and excellent educational establishments.
If you are interested in this role please apply with a detailed CV not longer than 5 pages. If you are interested in other similar roles, please register on our website and sign up for job alerts.
For country and location information, review our global mobility page and select country.
For general information, please review our blog and news page.