Based in Malta, this role is with a major private healthcare company operating several hospital and clinic facilities in Malta and overseas. An exciting role for a registered nurse with at least 5 years experience working in operating theatres, you will work within a wide range of management disciplines, help lead change management projects, quality assurance projects and financial initiatives.
The Theatre Manager will work according the professional guidelines, demonstrate knowledge of appropriate standards and external bodies, such as the J.C.I and will embed these standards throughout the department. They will be responsible for the organisation and management of the Operating Theatre Department and will promote and monitor safe and effective practice, at all times.
KEY ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Enhance the patient/consultant experience.
• Provide a clear focus for clinical leadership and be responsible for ensuring the provision of high standard, holistic, patient-centred care.
• Be responsible for the supervision and development of all nurses, students and support workers.
• Contribute towards the achievement of the Organisation’s objectives.
• Be responsible and accountable for coordinating patient care, the management of resources and performance of staff throughout the Theatre Department.
• Be responsible and accountable for Finance and Human Resources issues related to the department.
• Be responsible for the implementation of Audit, Quality and Risk Management initiatives.
• Plan and advise the senior management team on capital expenditure in the theatre department monthly.
• Maintain a strong visible presence in the department.
To be considered for this role, you must have the following credentials:
- Bachelors Degree in Nursing
- 5 years experience in operating theatre environment
- fluent English communication
- management experience is desirable for this role
To apply, please submit an recent CV not longer than 4 pages.