Our client in Saudi Arabia is seeking an Occupational Health Service (OHA) Manager for a role in a prestigious university campus.
- Full time, role with 48 hour working week
- Private Sector facility within an university campus
- Pro-active role with responsibility for healthcare of university staff, academic faculty and students including physical and mental health.
- Experience in a similar role required with demonstrable track record of achievement
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing with postgraduate qualification in Occupational Health essential.
- Competitive package with benefits
You will be responsible for the provision of an excellent occupational health service to all staff, academic faculty and students studying at a prestigious postgraduate university in Jeddah Saudi Arabia. This will encompass, advisory and preventative medical care, active assessment and treatment of disease and follow up. Your goal is the optimisation of the physical and mental health of the university population.
You must have a proven track record in clinical OH, managing OH services and experience of working in Health Education will be an advantage. Benefits and remuneration are negotiable based upon experience.
Applicants should note that they must be able to satisfy certain pre-employment criteria including:
- Visa: Saudi Arabia work visa requirements apply, including medical screening and national police checks.
- Professional Regulation: The Saudi Commission for Health Specialties require all applicants to hold a degree in nursing (Registered Nurse) as well as recognised OH specialty qualifications. Distance learning or less than full-time key qualifications are not acceptable.
- Evidence of immediate prior employment: Applicants must be able to demonstrate active clinical OH nursing employment for not less than 2 years immediately prior to application.
- Verification of qualifications and knowledge testing: Relevant qualifications and licences must be verified (Dataflow) and a general nursing knowledge-based examination may be required (Prometric).
The employer is a major private medical group operating healthcare facilities throughout the Kingdom, and holding a contract to provide the OH services for the postgraduate university. The university is one of Saudi Arabia’s most famous ones with the mission is to advance science and technology through distinctive and collaborative research integrated with graduate education. It is a catalyst for innovation, economic development and social prosperity in Saudi Arabia and the world. It exists for the pursuit and advancement of scientific knowledge and its broad dissemination and benevolent application. It strives to enhance the welfare of society with a special focus on four areas of global significance – food, water, energy and the environment.
The Occupational Health Service aims to become the pre-eminent regional occupational health (OH) service in its sector and aspires to recognition on a global stage. Its goal is to set the national benchmark for higher education (HE) OH standards, leading from the front and delivering the best service it can. KOHS will endeavour to deliver an accessible, safe, effective, quality and dependable OH service for all academic faculty, staff and students. It will continually strive to optimise the physical and mental health and well-being of its population in order to promote the attainment of personal goals and academic excellence.
Jeddah is the capital city of the Hijaz Region of Saudi Arabia and is the commercial capital of the country. Situated on the Red Sea, it is a major port city, the second busiest in the region after Dubai. It is also the gateway to Mecca and Medinah and is therefore an important city for religious pilgrims and business alike. It has a population of over 4 million and is one of the most cosmopolitan cities of the Arab world. Its proximity to the sea has permitted water sports and there are beach clubs, swimming clubs, sailing and surfing. Fish is the base of the cuisine.
There is an excellent choice of accommodation, schools (including many international schools) and recreational activities with the resorts of the Sinai in Egypt just a short flight away.
If you are interested in this role please apply with a detailed CV not longer than 5 pages. If you are interested in other similar roles, please register on our website and sign up for job alerts.
For country and location information, review our global mobility page and select country.
For general information, please review our blog and news page.