- regional general 350 bed hospital providing secondary care
- 21-bed inpatient maternity ward, 7 delivery rooms and 12 bed SCBU.
- Gynaecology is on a shared surgical ward.
- RMO cover is provided by 8 Registrars and 4 SHO’s on a common roster
- Consultant call frequency is 1:9 with split weekends.
- On call consultant covers both Obstetrics and Gynaecology.
- requirement to participate in teaching, service development and clinical governance
- Outpatient/Daytime responsibilities include Antenatal clinics, Gynaecology and colposcopy clinics and Theatre when not on call.
- provide high quality health services for women.
- provide efficient high-quality investigation and treatment services to a standard comparable with that of competent colleagues.
- contribute to associated community Obstetrics & Gynaecology activities.
- FRANZCOG or equivalent specialist qualification
- Eligibility for vocational registration with the Medical Council of New Zealand
- Three professional references
- A subspecialty interest is desirable but not essential.
- Salary of NZ$ 190,000 – 270,000
- Reimbursement of medical practice expenses
- 6 weeks paid annual leave
- Pension benefits
- Excellent CME, professional development and career opportunities
Applications and Further Information:
If you are interested in this role please forward your CV for immediate consideration.