- Permanent employment contract with 1 in 9 on call duties
- Highly desirable location in coastal North Island
- Workload not excessive, pace of life easy
The post involves an equal share of the on-call roster, covering both Obstetrics and Gynaecology. The current average call frequency is 1:9 with split weekends.
Outpatient/Daytime responsibilities include Antenatal clinics, Gynaecology and colposcopy clinics and Theatre when not on call. Cover is provided by 8 Registrars and 4 SHO’s on a common roster with a requirement to participate in teaching, service development and clinical governance
The city boasts some of New Zealand’s best beaches, an unsurpassed coastal lifestyle, and easy access to the Coromandel peninsula, the Lakes district and the Central Volcanic Plateau.
- As a member of the Obstetrics & Gynaecology team to provide high quality health services for women.
- To provide efficient high-quality investigation and treatment services to a standard comparable with that of competent colleagues.
- To contribute to associated community Obstetrics & Gynaecology activities.
- FRANZCOG or equivalent specialist qualification
- Eligibility for vocational registration with the Medical Council of New Zealand
- Three professional references
- A subspecialty interest is desirable but not essential.
- Salary of NZ$ 190,000 – 270,000
- Reimbursement of medical practice expenses
- 6 weeks paid annual leave
- Pension benefits
- Excellent CME, professional development and career opportunities
Applications and Further Information:
If you are interested in this role please forward your CV for immediate consideration.
apply with a detailed CV not longer than 5 pages