A great role for a generalist Obstetrician and Gynaecologist, to join a team of 8 Specialists.
- full time, permanent role
- special interest in minimal access (laparoscopic) gynaecological surgery is desirable but not essential.
- an opportunity to develop a special interest
- a supportive team (eight specialists (two job share), two registrars and dedicated SHO support) and a role suitable for newly qualified physicians as well as those more experienced.
- split between two hospitals
- medical student teaching involved
- the hospital has modern ward areas, ICU and theatres, and a state of the art ambulatory outpatient area for Gynaecology, to facilitate outpatient hysteroscopy and Colposcopy/LETZ.
- provide excellent clinical services and supervise the care and management of acute and non-acute women allocated to you within a multidisciplinary team environment
- participate in the on call rota - 1 in 6
- support and lead junior medical staff within the service
- work collaboratively with team members to provide services in assessment, diagnosis, treatment and follow-up of patients referred.
- FANZCOG or equivalent specialist qualification
- vocationally registered (or eligible) in New Zealand
- Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- A full driver’s licence
- permanent employment contract
- basic salary NZ$ 190,000 - 270,000 pa DOE
- reimbursement of medical practice expenses
- 6 weeks annual leave
If you are interested in this role, please forward CV for immediate consideration with details of three professional referees.