A consultant obstetrician and gynaecologist role in regional general public hospital working with a team of 8 full and part time obstetricians and gynaecologists.
The hospital has 260 beds and provides secondary services for a population of approximately 148,000, as well as being the tertiary centre for regional plastic, maxillofacial and burns services, the regional rheumatology and school dental services and the greater Wellington public health and breast screening services.
It is also a teaching hospital with medical students from the University of Otago rotating through the Women’s Health department. It is accredited for Obstetrics and Gynaecology training through the Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists.
- provide excellent clinical services and supervise the care and management of acute and non-acute women allocated to you within a multidisciplinary team environment
- participate in the on call rota
- support and lead junior medical staff within the service
- work collaboratively with team members to provide services in assessment, diagnosis, treatment and follow-up of patients referred.
- FANZCOG or equivalent specialist qualification
- vocationally registered (or eligible) in New Zealand
- Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- A full driver’s licence
- permanent employment contract
- basic salary NZ$ 190,000 - 270,000 pa DOE
- reimbursement of medical practice expenses
- 6 weeks annual leave
If you are interested in this role, please forward CV for immediate consideration.