House Officers are sought to join the Obstetric and Gynaecology service of a regional hospital in New Zealand’s north island. The hospital provides secondary level medical services for a regional population of over 170,000.
The new maternity unit opened in 2016. There are 2000 births per annum in the region and 20% of these are conducted in the primary maternity units, with the hospital department managing 80% of regional births. The Obstetric and Gynaecology Department provides a full range of gynaecological and obstetric services with referral to Auckland for tertiary services. It is affiliated with the local medical school and provides education for medical students.
The successful applicants will be living in a beautiful part of New Zealand with warm summers, mild winters and lots of opportunities for outdoor activities on land and at sea just two hours' drive from Auckland, with regular flights to and from Auckland Airport.
- Provide competent, timely and thorough assessment of persons presenting or referred for assessment
- Provide competent and effective obstetric and gynaecological treatment including acute 24 hour care and follow up management.
- Meet current standards of professional practice recommended by the Medical Council of New Zealand the Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists (RANZCOG)
- Meet the professional development criteria of RANZCOG
- Contribute to service quality assurance by participating in clinical audits, case reviews and incident review processes
- Qualifications: Medical Degree from WHO approved school
- Experience: Internship completed and 2 years of experience post internship (O&G experience useful but not essential)
- License: General Registration or Eligibility for General Registration with the Medical Council of New Zealand
- Language: fluent English (IELTS Academic Module 7.5 average for non native speakers)
Applications and Further Information:
If you are interested in this role please apply with a detailed CV not longer than 5 pages. If you are interested in other similar roles, please register on our website and sign up for job alerts.
For country and location information, review our global mobility page and select country.
For general information, please review our blog and news page.