23 days ago
An experienced medical laboratory scientist vacancy has arisen in the Automation Laboratory of a Pathology Service which provides a Core Chemistry and Haematology service for 4 hospitals and many clinics. Your role will be to ensure the smooth and efficient running of the service and the maintenance of high-quality analysis and reporting.
To be eligible for this role you must have:
- Demonstrated ability to apply high-level scientific judgement to perform testing and reporting of results in Haematology and Biochemistry.
- Experience in blood smear morphology will be an advantage
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively as a team member to produce effective work output and quality
- Ability to build and maintain effective professional relationships with clinicians and colleagues; and
- Organisational skills to enable the performance and operation of one or more working areas
- registration with the Medical Laboratory Sciences Council of New Zealand as a Medical Laboratory Scientist and a current practicing certificate
The hospital has 350 beds and offers a full range of medical and surgical services to adults and children of all ages and demographics including a 24 hour emergency department and radiological and pathology support. The catchment area covers over 12600 kilometres spreading over the north west tip of the North Island of New Zealand and is populated by almost 200,000 people with a high Maori demographic, which has specific health problems. The hospital acts as a referral centre for three small provincial hospitals offering basic medical services and in turn, is supported by tertiary hospitals in Auckland.
As well as a warm climate, the "winterless north" offers excellent schools, affordable housing and scenic coastal areas offering a range of recreational activities. It is just two hours' drive or 25 minute flight from the international hub of Auckland and is well serviced with flights.
Applications and Further Information:
If you are interested in this role please apply with a detailed CV or get in touch for further information.