Our client seeks to hire a Consultant Medical Oncologist for a contract role (up to 12 months) to cover maternity leave. The dates of commencement and duration of the appointment are negotiable and flexible.
The role is based in a regional hospital which has 246 beds and is the referral centre for 3 small hospitals situated within the region which has a population of 160,000 spread over a large area. The area is famous for its beautiful beaches and large game fishing. Facilities include 24/7 ER seeing 48,000 patients yearly, The Cancer and Blood Centre provides service across the region encompassing the major hospital and three smaller hospitals. There is no on call commitment with this role.
The hospital is 2 hours drive from Auckland, the closest tertiary referral centre. The area offers excellent comfortable living standards and a good range of public and private schools.
- Provision of in patient and out patient oncology services including daily ward rounds, medical cover of patients during working hours, referrals and provision of specialist opinion to other physicians, communication with GPs
- Supervision and education of house officers and registrars
- General Administrative duties as required
- Research and Audit of service
- CME - maintain current professional knowledge
In order to be considered for this role you require the following credentials:
- Medical Degree awarded by a medical school recognised by WHO
- Eligibility for License with Medical Council of New Zealand with vocational scope
- FRACP or equivalent
- Fluent English communication