- Full time, permanent role in a growing oncology service
- No on call duties
- Competitive relocation package available
This role is based in The Cancer & Blood services at a regional district general hospital in the north west of the North Island of New Zealand. Just 90 minutes’ drive from commercial capital Auckland, the hospital is a secondary care hospital which is expanding its services and is supported by three regional small hospitals.
The region is subtropical with a population of 200,000 bounded by two coastlines and composed of rolling scenic countryside and forest.
The Cancer & Blood department provides a comprehensive Oncology outpatient service across the region including rural areas and this role will be part of a team providing effective and high quality Oncology services.
This role has no after-hours call requirement, and although pre-dominantly based at the regional hospital, you will have frequent opportunities to travel and work in different areas
Main Duties include:
- Outpatient cancer and blood services and support / advice for patient services
- Patient information and informed consent
- Interactions with staff and patients
- Education and teaching of junior medical staff and other professional groups
- Knowledge and practice updated and maintained
- Participates in Quality Assurance programmes
- Actively contributes to Continuous Quality Improvement activities within the service
- Health and Safety
- Privacy & Confidentiality
- have or be eligible for specialist (vocational) registration with the Medical Council of New Zealand with no restrictions to your APC.
- Ideally you will have obtained FRACP or equivalent qualification.
- Experience in the education and supervision of trainee physicians is helpful
- salary of NZ$ 200,000 - 300,000 pa with pension benefits and no national insurance
- 6 weeks paid annual leave
- medical licence expenses covered
- on-going professional support including continued medical education
- professional development and peer review
- you will have active participation in a growing service that has the opportunity to be at the forefront of both primary and secondary care innovations.
- A competitive relocation package to support you and your family to make the move
If you are interested in this role, please submit your CV for immediate consideration or contact us for further details.