Role: Medical Laboratory Scientist in Microbiology
Contract: Full time, permanent
This job has become available due to a promotion and is based in the laboratories of a 260 bed secondary care general hospital which offers a full range of medical and surgical services to adults and children of all ages and demographics including a 24 hour emergency department and radiological and pathology support.
The catchment area covers over 12600 kilometres spreading over the north west tip of the North Island of New Zealand and is populated by almost 200,000 people with a high Maori demographic, which has specific health problems.
The hospital acts as a referral centre for three small provincial hospitals offering basic medical services and in turn, is supported by tertiary hospitals in Auckland.
The Microbiology laboratory testing includes general Microbiology, Mycology, Parasitology, and Molecular testing, and operates 24/7.
- New Zealand Registered & Licensed Medical Laboratory Scientist
- Work Experience in one or more of the following ▪ Haematology ▪ Biochemistry ▪ Blood Banking ▪ Microbiology ▪ Histology ▪ Cytology
- Experience in processing of Microbiology specimens including plate reading and interpretation.
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and collaboratively as a team member to produce effective work output and quality.
- Positive, adaptable, flexible, and motivated attitude
- Confidence with computer based LIS systems, with Delphic Micro experience.
- Experience in teaching and report validation.
- Ability to perform other technical and operational duties normally expected of a Microbiology laboratory scientist.
- Specialist qualifications are an advantage
- Broad experience in general medical laboratory an advantage.
Full orientation and support will be provided for the successful applicant.
Applications and Further Information:
If you are interested in this role please forward your CV with details of three referees for immediate consideration.