Role: Medical Laboratory Scientist in Blood Bank
Contract: Full time, permanent
This job is based in the laboratories of a 260 bed secondarycare general hospital which offers a full range of medical and surgical services to adults and children of all ages and demographics including a 24 hour emergency department and radiological and pathology support.
The catchment area covers over 12600 kilometres spreading over the north west tip of the North Island of New Zealand and is populated by almost 200,000 people with a high Maori demographic, which has specific health problems.
The hospital acts as a referral centre for three small provincial hospitals offering basic medical services and in turn, is supported by tertiary hospitals in Auckland.
- To participate in the collection, receipt, documentation, registration, processing and reporting of all specimens, including those referred to other laboratories, as required by authorized policies and protocols.
- To perform other technical and operational duties normally expected of a Laboratory Scientist / Technologist, such as those involving quality and safety or the efficient and effective operations of the laboratory service
- Confidence with computer based LIS systems, with e-Traceline experience
- Positive, adaptable, flexible and motivated attitude
- Availability to work rostered shift duty to cover a 24 hour laboratory service.
- New Zealand Registered & Licensed Medical Laboratory Scientist
- Work Experience in one or more of the following ▪ Haematology ▪ Biochemistry ▪ Blood Banking ▪ Microbiology ▪ Histology ▪ Cytology
- Specialist qualifications are an advantage
- Broad experience in general medical laboratory an advantage.
Applications and Further Information:
If you are interested in this role please forward your CV with details of three referees for immediate consideration.