- Combined leadership and clinical role
- Excellent career development opportunities
- Competitive salary, pension benefits and relocation package
This role is for an experienced psychiatrist to assist in the leadership of the Mental Health and Addiction services based at a general hospital in a southern North Island city.
The services have recently embarked on a significant transformation programme and this is an exciting opportunity to join the new clinical leadership team and support the development of an integrated range of well-connected services along with community based NGO partners.
The health board provides comprehensive community-based mental health services across the complete age range including:
- Child, adolescent and family mental health services
- Comprehensive community adult services
- Specialist Maori mental health services (Oranga Hinengaro)
- Specialist services for Mental Health for the elderly
- Specialist community alcohol and drug services including OST services
- Comprehensive 24 hour acute care services (crisis intervention service)
- Acute inpatient services (including intensive mental health care-26 beds)
- General hospital liaison psychiatry
- Early intervention services
- Intensive community rehabilitation services.
The service has a commitment to continuing medical education and professional development and the peer review group is enrolled with the maintenance of professional standards programme of the Royal Australia and New Zealand College of Psychiatrists.
It is also recognised by the College for registrar training in inpatient, general adult community, and child and adolescent psychiatry.
- lead and support programmes of quality improvement, innovation and integration relevant to the specialty and take a system-wide approach to support the delivery of high quality services and better health outcomes for consumers.
- Leadership of SMO and RMO workforces across the specialty and ensure excellence in professional and practice standards.
- contribute to growing and developing front-line clinical Leadership, actively supporting Leadership capability improvements and enabling clinicians and teams within the cluster to
- provide Leadership, direction and representation for the specialty, and clinical Leadership, advice and where required coordination and/or direction of treatment panning for the care of patients with high & complex needs especially where disagreement exists between clinicians and or services.
- participate and contribute to strategic and operational service planning relevant to the specialty and the medical workforce.
- FRANZCP or equivalent specialist qualification
- Vocational registration with the Medical Council of New Zealand
- Experience in service development and clinical governance
- Experience in managing change
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills
- You can expect to have access to a thorough continuing medical education programme
- opportunities to participate in research projects, pursue subspecialist fields of interest and become involved with medical student and junior medical officer postgraduate education.
- Salary of NZ$ 200,000 – 300,000 pa
- Superannuation benefits
- 6 weeks annual paid leave
- Medical practice costs reimbursed
- Relocation costs for international physicians
The hospital is situated in a major university city and is at the hub of key routes to the central North Island ski fields, and river adventures. Wellington the capital city, is only a two-hour journey by road, as are the local wine growing regions.
Situated in the lower half of the North Island of New Zealand, the region offers visitors and residents a unique mix of lifestyle by combining rural charm with the convenience of sophisticated living with all modern services and luxuries expected of vibrant cities, including a shopping plaza, a Globe theatrical centre, the Regent and Centre Point theatres, and dozens of hotels/motels.
There is excellent primary, intermediate and secondary schooling, both public and private, mixed and single sex.
The cost of living is reasonable, housing very affordable, and rural living with stunning views only minutes from town is very achievable.
If you are interested in this role, please forward a detailed CV for immediate consideration.
If you are interested in other similar roles, please register on our website and sign up for job alerts or get in touch to discuss.