Medical Director of Emergency Medicine - join one of New Zealand's top performing health boards
One of the top District Health Boards in New Zealand's North Island wants to hire a new Medical Director of its Emergency Medicine Department. The Emergency Department is situated in a district hospital providing secondary medical services with referral of patients requiring tertiary care to the capital, Wellington.
The Director will have dual administrative and clinical roles. The clinical role is that of a Consultant in Emergency Medicine with rostered and rotating shifts. Clinical duties are combined with educational duties for junior medical staff. Scheduled non clinical time is allocated for the administrative roles which include:
- Development and leadership of Clinical teams
- Recruitment and selection of senior medical staff
- Operational management
- Strategic development of services
The hospital based Emergency Department manages 20,000 presentations (including Paediatrics) annually with a 30% admission rate.
The Emergency Department is well equipped and includes a 5 bed short stay ward. Procedures are performed in the department including fracture manipulations and cardioversion under sedation.
Professional Qualifications and License Requirements:
- FACEM or equivalent qualification is essential together with Vocational Registration or eligibility for this at the Medical Council of New Zealand.
- Sufficient experience to practice independently as a Consultant and experience in leadership roles
Salary: According to New Zealand Government pay scales and determined by level of experience at Consultant level.
Applications: apply on line or contact us for further information.