Role: Locum Consultant Emergency Medicine Physician
Start Date: ASAP for 6 months
Salary: $2800-$3500 per day dependent upon experience and qualifications
Six month locum for FACEM qualified emergency physician to provide cover for regional emergency department and short stay unit.
Shifts have dual coverage by FACEMs and Senior Medical Practitioners 7 days per week for day and evening shifts. The FACEM/Senior SMP will oversee all care delivered in the ED/ED SSU and support junior and registrar medical staff.
The medical centre incorporates 24-hour emergency care with a wide range of support services including an acute psychiatric unit, coronary care unit, cancer centre, domiciliary care unit, geriatric assessment unit, hospice care unit, maintenance renal dialysis unit, obstetric services, paediatric services and a dental unit.
Scope of practice includes:
- clinical management of emergency medicine patients.
- Supervision, co-ordination and management of patients with life threatening conditions, including multiple trauma.
- telephone consultation and advice to staff in other hospitals.
- Full participation in the Emergency Medicine Consultant roster including on call as rostered.
- Support medical colleagues in the performance of their clinical duties.
- Maintains quality patient medical records according to health service protocols.
For applicants to be considered the following must be supplied:
- Recent CV with email and mobile phone number
- 2 x References (preferably within last 12 months and for ED work) with email and mobile phone number
- Current Western Australian WWC, Australian Criminal Record Screening and AHPRA Registration
- Evidence of residency or visa status (if on a sponsored visa , this must be through WACHS or the Agent) – VEVO check not accepted, must include the Notification of Approval of Nomination
- eligible for registration as a Medical Practitioner with the Medical Board of Australia (AHPRA).
- Fellowship of the Australasian College for Emergency Medicine or equivalent (FRCEM, FRCPC, American Board of Emergency Medicine accepted).
- experience in rural area medicine, health IT design, reform and/or implementation with a commitment to the effective management of clinical risk and improving quality.
- excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- experience or qualifications in other specialist or procedural fields, substantial experience in emergency medicine research including study design, implementation, evaluation, presentation and publication.
If you are interested in this role or similar jobs, please forward your CV for immediate consideration.
Follow @odysseymedic for all new roles.
Register for Emergency Medicine Jobs
Sign up and search for all emergency medicine jobs and receive alerts for all new roles.