12 days ago
Registrar Service and Training positions for doctors at PGY5-11 starting 2021 in multiple specialities in Western Australia for 6-12-month contracts. These roles are good opportunities for postgraduate specialist training in Emergency Medicine, General Medicine, Intensive Care Medicine, General Surgery, Obstetrics, Paediatrics or Medical Education or simply for an adventure experiencing work in a different healthcare system.
- Public sector regional hospitals in Western Australia with excellent modern facilities
- Training registrar roles are accredited for 6-12 months training with the appropriate postgraduate medical Royal Colleges
- Full time role with a contract up to 12 months and renewable
- Must have completed Internship and minimum 5 years’ experience at a junior level
- Excellent working conditions
- Competitive salary package
Emergency Medicine (6 or 12 months)
General Medicine (6 or 12 months)
General Surgery (12 months)
Intensive Care Medicine (12 months)
Medical Education (12 months)
Obstetrics (6 months)
Paediatrics (6 or 12 months)
You must have:
1. Eligible for registration with the Medical Board of Australia.
2. Demonstrated clinical and procedural experience.
3. Ability to provide teaching, supervision and training support.
4. Demonstrated well developed communication and interpersonal skills.
5. Ability to work in a multidisciplinary team environment.
6. Demonstrated organisational and time management skills.
7. Demonstrated commitment to clinical governance within health care
8. Demonstrated understanding and knowledge of Aboriginal Cultural respect framework.
You should have
1. Demonstrated experience as a medical practitioner within the Australian or equivalent health system.
2. Demonstrated commitment to ongoing education and research.
3. Current knowledge of legislative obligations for Equal Opportunity, Disability Services and Occupational Safety and Health, and how these impact on employment and service delivery.
Your will practice General Adult Psychiatry and will examine, assess, diagnose and treat patients referred to the psychiatry services by General Practitioner or other specialist.
These roles are based in regional hospitals with up to 200 beds across Western Australia. All hospitals are modern, well equipped and many recently refurbished.
WA Country Health Services (WACHS) WACHS is the largest country health system in Australia and one of the biggest in the world, providing health services and health centres to a large area across rural and remote Western Australia. There are excellent transport links to Perth by road and Melbourne and Sydney by air.
Applications and Further Information:
If you are interested in this role please apply with a detailed CV not longer than 5 pages. If you are interested in other similar roles, please register on our website and sign up for job alerts..
For general information, please review our blog and news page.