- Scope of practice: Interventional cardiology, service development, service quality
- Available immediately, full time, permanent contract of employment
- Attractive remuneration package with pension, practice expense reimbursement and generous paid leave
An exciting new role in a large regional hospital for an experienced and talented interventional cardiologist.to participate in the establishment of a new interventional cardiology service. You will practise clinically and participate in on call rotas, teach junior doctors and medical students and assist with the set up and development of new services.
This is part of a Regional Cardiac Strategy and is supported by both MidCentral DHB’s Board and its regional partners. The development will be supported by a dedicated project management role. The business case has been approved for the development of an interventional service with PCI capability and the appointment of two interventional cardiologists. There is an expectation that the hospital will be PCI capable five days a week and contribute to an out-of-hours interventional roster, and that this will be achieved within three years.
The hospital where the role is based has a catchment area of 180,000 people and the Cardiology Service currently has the capacity to provide diagnostic angiography, pacing and echocardiographic services to the population as well as an integrated heart failure service.
During the establishment of a dedicated interventional facility at MidCentral DHB access to interventional cardiology to retain medical credentialing requirements will be made available.
A major university city in the North island of New Zealand, Palmerston North is the home of Massey University and is at the hub of key routes to the central North Island ski fields, and river adventures. Wellington the capital city, is only a two hour journey by road, as are the wine growing regions of Hawke’s Bay and Wairarapa.
Situated in the lower half of the North Island of New Zealand, the local region offers visitors and residents a unique mix of lifestyle by combining rural charm with the convenience of sophisticated living with all modern services and luxuries expected of vibrant cities, including a shopping plaza, a Globe theatrical centre, the Regent and Centre Point theatres, and dozens of hotels/motels.
There are excellent primary, intermediate and secondary schooling, both public and private, mixed and single sex. Cost of living is reasonable, housing very affordable, and rural living with stunning views only minutes from town is very achievable
Essential Skills and Qualifications
- Eligibility for vocational registration with the Medical Council of New Zealand
- FRACP or equivalent board certification (American board of Cardiology, FRCPC, FRCP / CCT)
- Excellent communication and time management skills
- Proven clinical experience
- Demonstrated understanding of departmental development and the provision of strong clinical governance.
- Experience in delivering an interventional service from its infancy and working in a rural setting is also desirable.
Knowledge of, and commitment to, the departmental development of a cardiology service in its entirety as well as a focus on intervention.
If you are interested in this position, please forward your CV for immediate consideration.
Register for job alerts on our website and follow new positions at twitter @odysseymedic