Role: Interventional Cardiologist Consultant
Scope of practice: interventional cardiology, angiography, right heart studies and percutaneous cardiac intervention
This is a full-time permanent vacancy in a regional general hospital with a growing cardiology service tasked with providing cardiology services for a population which has been historically underserved.
You will join a small but close-knit team who are dedicated to their patients; and will embrace the challenges involved in developing the service to its maximum potential. You will be a motivated team player with the ability to be flexible and adaptable in your approaches.
Total angiography volume is expected to be at least 700 patients per annum and total PCI volume is expected to approximately 300 to 400 PCI per year. FFR, OCT/IVUS and Intravascular lithotripsy will be available shortly. There is no after-hours requirement or 'on-call' at present.
As a region Northland is renowned for its beautiful beaches and relaxed lifestyle. There are great surf beaches and beautiful harbours and bays for sailing, kite surfing and windsurfing. It is also a top spot for fishing and diving with easy access to the world famous Poor Knights Marine reserve. There are also many beautiful forests and stunning hills to explore and climb.
As well as a warm climate, the "winterless north" offers excellent schools, affordable housing and scenic coastal areas offering a range of recreational activities. It is just two hours' drive or 25 minute flight from the international hub of Auckland and is well serviced with flights.
- Develop the interventional cardiology service and key contacts with tertiary services in Auckland
- Be available for telephone consultation from GPs, other hospitals, junior medical staff and other services, during both normal hours of work.
- Participate in multi-disciplinary ward team meetings to establish goals, review progress, management and develop discharge plans if and when required.
- Delegate tasks and responsibilities to junior doctors as appropriate to their level of skill and supervise their work.
- Perform regular outpatient clinics at hospital sites around Northland
- Eligibility for vocational registration with the Medical Council of New Zealand
- FRACP or equivalent such as MRCP / CCT, FRCPC. American board of cardiology, MRCPI/ CSD
- Independent operator for angiography, right heart studies and percutaneous coronary intervention
- Cardiac Echo
- Cardiac imaging
If you are interested in this role, please submit your CV for immediate consideration.
Register for Cardiologist Jobs