This is an excellent opportunity for an Internist – General Medical Physician (specialist – consultant) to join a busy hospital in Auckland, the commercial capital of New Zealand, and its largest city, which offers a stable position in a modern hospital with a world class lifestyle and advanced career development opportunities.
- Full time, permanent role in public sector hospitals
- Major city in the north island of New Zealand with excellent educational, cultural and leisure opportunities
- Excellent CME programme, research opportunities
- Full support from junior medical staff and other senior medical staff
- Interesting variety of clinical work
- Relocation assistance provided (work permit, immigration etc)
This is a permanent public sector role available from August 2020 in a 600 bed hospital which serves a population of 630,000 (the biggest catchment area in New Zealand). It is full time and the scope of practice is general internal medicine covering in patient and outpatient services. Sub speciality interests can be accommodated. The Department of Medicine is split between two hospitals in the city covering different types of catchment areas.
The hospital is affiliated with the university of Auckland and part of your duties will include the education and supervision of junior medical staff and medical students.
Educational and Licence Requirements
- Possess a Medical Degree registrable with the Medical Council of New Zealand
- Have the Fellowship of the Royal Australasian College of Physicians or a similar higher training qualification eligible for vocations registration with the Medical Council of New Zealand
- IELTS Academic module if non-native English speaker
The role is split between 2 hospitals covering the largest and fastest growing catchment area of Auckland. The district health board considers that it has a sacred obligation to care for all within its boundaries and world class care is at the forefront of its priorities. It has embarked upon programmes of digital transformation, care redesign and health leadership. Research and innovation are core values. It employs over 7500 staff. The main sites include North Shore Hospital on the shores of Lake Pupuke in Takapuna and Waitakere Hospital in lush, green West Auckland.
North Shore Hospital provides up to 600 surgical and general medical treatment beds. It has twelve operating theatres, an emergency department, a 50-bed Assessment and Diagnostic Unit, an intensive care centre, an Elective Surgery Centre and a coronary care, as well as maternity and special care baby unit.
The successful applicants will be living in a beautiful part of New Zealand with warm summers, mild winters and lots of opportunities for outdoor activities on land and at sea, in Auckland, the largest city of New Zealand with a population of over 1 million people. The city is blessed with two harbours, stunning beaches, museums, theatres, shops and excellent educational establishments.
If you are interested in this role please apply with a detailed CV not longer than 5 pages. If you are interested in other similar roles, please register on our website and sign up for job alerts.
For country and location information, review our global mobility page and select country.
For general information, please review our blog and news page.