The Medicine Department is lead by 13 consultant physicians supported by registrars and house officers.
You will have the opportunity to balance rewarding medical practice with an amazing life style living in an area well known for its outdoor recreational options including trout fishing, walking tracks, cycling and mountain biking. Lake and river water sports such as boating and kayaking are exceptional.
Add this to affordable housing, good schooling and a friendly atmosphere and you have one of the best places in the world to work as a Physician.
- work with a team of consultants and junior doctors providing internal medicine services to a population of just over 100,000 in two general hospitals
- assessment and management of patients referred by General Practitioners, Emergency Department and other hospital departments
- acute general medicine practice with daily ward rounds on week days
- participate in the on call roster (from home)
- supervision of residents
- out patient clinics
- eligible for the Specialist (Vocational) registration with the Medical Council of New Zealand .
- FRACP or equivalent specialist board certification
- excellent communication skills
- fluent English language verbal and written communication
- Attractive salary NZ$ 190,000 - 270,000 pa DOE
- CME package
- Relocation expenses
- Medical Practice costs reimbursed
- permanent full time employment
- Apply with recent CV defining scope of practice and three referee contact details.