This is a full time, fixed term contract for a general physician / internist / hospitalist to work in a general hospital internal medicine department for 12 months starting ASAP.
The hospital is a progressive regional secondary referral centre with a wide range of medical specialties, an Intensivist-managed ICU within a combined ICU/HDU/CCU and a well-equipped Radiology Department providing interventional radiology, which includes digital radiology, CT guided biopsy MRI, CT and angiography. There is an excellent Laboratory Service and the IT service is among the best in the country. It is accredited for FRACP training.
It is located near some of New Zealand’s most iconic natural landscapes including mountains and a rugged and wild coastline which is home to more than 12 world-class surf breaks. You can ski and surf in the same day. For a more relaxing experience, there are many walks (bush, coastal or mountain) as well as art trails, festivals and award-winning museums and galleries and a thriving café culture.
- take part in an acute General Medicine on-call roster as a Hospitalist with Registrar and House Officer support.
- work with a team of consultants and junior doctors providing internal medicine services
- assessment and management of patients referred by General Practitioners, Emergency Department and other hospital departments
- acute general medicine practice with daily ward rounds on week days
- supervision of residents
- out patient clinics
- eligible for the Specialist (Vocational) registration with the Medical Council of New Zealand .
- FRACP or equivalent specialist board certification
- excellent communication skills
- fluent English language verbal and written communication
- Attractive salary NZ$ 190,000 - 270,000 pa DOE
- CME package
- Relocation expenses
- Medical Practice costs reimbursed
- permanent full time employment
- Apply with recent CV defining scope of practice and three referee contact details.