An experienced Internist is sought for a full time, permanent role in a 50 bed rural hospital in Newfoundland Canada. The hospital provides general medical, surgical, paediatric, psychiatric, obstetric and gynaecological services to a population of over 70,000. It has fully staffed operating rooms, 24/7 Emergency Department, radiology services and pathology laboratory. The nearest tertiary referral hospital is one hour's flight away in the capital city of St Johns.
The Internist will join 3 other physicians to provide in patient and out patient medical services, supported by friendly and active family physicians in the community.
The position has the option of salaried or fee for service contracts. The former attracts a guaranteed income in excess of $200,000 pa depending on experience, relocatation and licensure expenses and retention bonus.
The Atlantic provinces of Canada are included in the Atlantic Immigration Pilot Project for highly skilled immigrants offering a fast route to permanent residency status in Canada.
- Provide in patient, out patient medical services, referrals and consultations with colleagues and family physicians as appropriate
- On call service 1 in 4
- Maintain postgraduate education CME portfolio in accordance with the regulations of the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Newfoundland
- Participate in quality assurance programmes
- Medical degree from WHO approved school
- Residency in internal Medicine undertaken in one of the following countries - UK, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, USA
- FRCPC or equivalent (FRACP, American Board of Internal Medicine, FRCP / CCT, FCP (SA) all accepted)
- Eligible for registration with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Newfoundland as specialist Internist
- Experience in rural and remote medicine would be an advantage
- Fluent English language comunication (IELTS mean score 7.5 for non native speakers)