Medical Registrars are sought for training posts of 6-12 months with commencement as soon as possible in a regional hospital in the north island of New Zealand. Registrars join a large team of physicians providing exceptional care to hospital in patients and out patients. The General Medicine team is made up of 6 Consultant teams, 12 Registrars and 10 House Officers. There are 7 Registrars with 2 Relievers, 2 Night Relievers and 1 RDO Reliever.
Registrars on this run provide services principally to the medical wards, ICU, A&E and Outpatients Department under the supervision of the consultant to whom they are attached.
This run is accredited as a training position for specialist qualification for the FRACP for a maximum of two years.
Clinical Responsibilities include:
- Day to day clinical management of the team's patients including the admission and clerking of acute admissions, attendance at the consultant ward rounds and routine ward work in conjunction with the house surgeon.
- Participating on the On call roster.
- Conduct Outpatient Clinics
- Responsible for supervision of stress ECG testing.
- Attend meetings as follows: Medical Services weekly clinical meeting, Radiology review, Clinical Grand Round, Weekly Journal Club
Requirements you must meet:
- eligible for general or provisional general registration with the Medical Council of New Zealand
- minimum 2 years experience in internal medicine