Medical Registrars are sought for immediate start in a regional general hospital of New Zealand. Situated just 2 hours drive from Auckland, the hospital provides secondary care medical services for a local population of over 160,000. Services include 24 hour emergency department, medicine, surgery, ENT, ophthalmolgy, obstetrics, paediatrics and psychiatry.
The internal medicine department has an accredited basic and advanced physician training programme which is accredited for 24 months basic training and 12 months advanced physician training with RACP. The medical team, made up of Medical Registrars and Consultants, has special interests in cardiology, diabetes, respiratory medicine, nephrology and oncology. Close supervision for trainees in acute and outpatient settings, allied with a commitment to teaching is provided. There is an active clinical training programme with didactic sessions, interactive based teaching, journal club and videoconferencing of RACP lectures
- General registration or eligibility for general registration with the Medical Council of New Zealand
- Experience in Internal Medicine of at least 2 years
- management of patients with medical disorders in out patient, inpatient and emergency department settings
- consultation services with other departments
- supervision of house officers