3 months ago
We are looking for Medical Registrars to join an accredited basic and advanced physician training programme in 2020 in New Zealand.
- public sector hospital in north island of New Zealand, with referrral links to university hospital
- accredited for 24 months of RACP basic training and 12 months advanced training
- excellent supervision, training and CME
- must be eligible for general registration with the Medical Council of New Zealand
You will be part of a dynamic team of Medical Registrars and Consultants with special interests in cardiology, diabetes, respiratory medicine, nephrology and oncology assisted by house officers. You will be responsible for the assessment and treatment of patients, both emergency and routine, and the communication with GPs. The programme is accredited for 24 months basic training and 12 months advanced physician training with the Royal Australian College of Physicians (RACP)
Close supervision is provided for trainees in acute and outpatient settings, allied with a commitment to teaching. There is an active clinical training programme with didactic sessions, interactive based teaching, journal club and videoconferencing of RACP lectures.
• Medical Degree from WHO approved medical school, completed Internship and minimum of 2 years’ experience post internship
• License: General Registration or Eligibility for General Registration with the Medical Council of New Zealand
• Language: fluent English (IELTS Academic Module 7.5 average for non native speakers)
These roles are based in a 250 bed hospital providing secondary care services to a large rural region, population around 200,000 with many high health needs. Due to the population make up and the unselected nature of admissions, Registrars gain experience managing a wide variety of conditions including rarer conditions such as rheumatic fever, tuberculosis and meningococcal disease.
The successful applicants will be living in a beautiful part of New Zealand with warm summers, mild winters and lots of opportunities for outdoor activities on land and at sea just two hours' drive from Auckland, with regular flights to and from Auckland Airport.
Applications and Further Information:
If you are interested in this role please apply with a detailed CV not longer than 5 pages. If you are interested in other similar roles, please register on our website and sign up for job alerts.
For country and location information, review our global mobility page and select country.
For general information, please review our blog and news page.