Our client in Saudi Arabia is seeking a Consultant Internist for a dual role in Internal Medicine and Infectious Diseases in their large hospital in Jeddah.
- Full time, role with 48 hour working week
- Public Sector hospital
- Secondary care hospital providing some tertiary services and holding JCI accreditation
- Full support from junior medical staff
- Clinical and educational duties
- Competitive package with benefits
- 40 days holiday per year plus study leave and public holidays
- Requirement for FRCP, American Board of Internal Medicine and Infectious Diseases or equivalent specialist qualification
- Data Flow Report required before mobilisation
The Department of Internal Medicine is one of the largest in the hospital with over 70 in patient beds, out patient and day case facilities. It provides a full range of services including all subspecialities except cardiology, which is located in the Cardiac Sciences Department. You will work with a team of consultants, supported by a full complement of junior medical staff, providing internal medicine and infectious diseases services.
The role combines clinical duties providing anaesthesia services to patients, consultation with colleagues and education and training of resident medical staff. The usual working week is 48 hours.
- Salary SAR 50-60K per month, tax free
- Family or single accommodation in secure compounds with the option of accommodation allowance instead
- Family healthcare cover
- Return flights
- Education allowance
- 40 days annual leave, 14 days study leave and public holidays
- Local transportation from accommodation to work provided
- Malpractice cover
- One year contract, renewable
This position is based at a 500+ bed hospital in the centre of the city of Jeddah. The hospital provides primary, secondary and selected tertiary care services and all programmes hold JCI accreditation from the USA and are actively enrolled in the JCI programme.
There is a family medicine department, 24/7 emergency department and full range of medical, surgical and psychiatric services, radiology, anaesthesia and pathology. It is renowned for its cardiac services and also provides neurosurgery, plastic surgery and orthopaedics in addition to general surgery.
The collegial relationships between departments are strong and consultation with other specialists is easy, either formally with multidisciplinary meetings or informally as required. There is an active CME programme and opportunities for clinical research.
Jeddah is the capital city of the Hijaz Region of Saudi Arabia and is the commercial capital of the country. Situated on the Red Sea, it is a major port city, the second busiest in the region after Dubai. It is also the gateway to Mecca and Medinah and is therefore an important city for religious pilgrims and business alike. It has a population of over 4 million and is one of the most cosmopolitan cities of the Arab world. Its proximity to the sea has permitted water sports and there are beach clubs, swimming clubs, sailing and surfing. Fish is the base of the cuisine.
There is an excellent choice of accommodation, schools (including many international schools) and recreational activities with the resorts of the Sinai just a short flight away.
If you are interested in this role please apply with a detailed CV not longer than 5 pages. If you are interested in other similar roles, please register on our website and sign up for job alerts.
For country and location information, review our global mobility page and select country.
For general information, please review our blog and news page.