A Registrar in Intensive Care Medicine is sought to join a regional base hospital in Western Australia for a twelve month fixed term contract with possible extension.
The hospital is a secondary care provider with multiple specialities including 24/ 7 Emergency Department, ICU, general surgery, obstetrics and gynaecology, cardiology and CCU, Oncology, Paediatrics, Psychiatry, Nephrology and renal dialysis and rehabilitation.
Responsible for the clinical care of patients under the supervision of senior medical staff including:
- participating in daily ward rounds and attending to patients in order of medical urgency.
- taking history of full medical examinations of new admissions and arranging appropriate investigations and assisting with medical procedures as required.
- managing medical conditions according to acceptable clinical standards under supervision of consultants.
- collaborating with other Medical, Nursing staff and multidisciplinary team members to facilitate patient management.
- communicating with family, outside medical practitioners, and/or community services concerning patient management.
- Document clinical notes throughout each episode of patient care and at the time of discharge to meet medical record standards.
- Manages patients and documents with regard to risk management principles.
- Participate in after hours and weekend rosters.
- Provide clinical supervision and teaching to medical colleagues.
- Participate in data collection, clinical audits, clinical risk management and Quality Assurance Program activities.
- Liaise with external agencies and Community Services including Royal Flying Doctor Service, Police, St John Ambulance, etc. as directed by the Director Intensive Care Unit.
- Participate in special projects such as disaster planning, clinical pathway design, etc. as directed by the Director Intensive Care Unit.
- Prepare medical reports in liaison with senior medical staff.
- Participate in performance management activities and maintain and update professional knowledge
Employee Benefits: In addition to the great salary employees enjoy an amazing range of benefits which may include (in line with operational requirements):
- Access to generous salary packaging arrangements.
- Flexible working arrangements.
- Flexible leave arrangements.
- Professional Development Opportunities and Study leave/assistance.
- Other professional and location based allowances
- Qualifications: Medical Degree from WHO approved school
- Experience: Internship completed and 2 years of experience post internship
- License: General Registration or Eligibility for General Registration with the Medical Board of Australia
- Language: fluent English (IELTS Academic Module 7.5 average for non native speakers)
- Demonstrated clinical and procedural experience
- Preferably experienced in a similar healthcare system
Applications and Further Information:
If you are interested in this role please apply with a detailed CV not longer than 5 pages. If you are interested in other similar roles, please register on our website and sign up for job alerts.
For country and location information, review our global mobility page and select country.
For general information, please review our blog and news page.